Win two tickets to A Streetcar Named Desire and a copy of the new book The Luck of Friendship
We have teamed up with Publishers W.W. Norton & Company Ltd. To offer one lucky winner the chance to see our critically acclaimed production of A Streetcar Named Desire and a receive a copy of the new book on his life The Luck of Friendship: The Letters Of Tennessee Williams And James Laughlin.
Simply head over to our Twitter and reply to our competition tweet with your answer and use the #ETTStreetcarCompetition to enter
Where was Tennessee Williams born?
b. New Orleans
c. New York
T&Cs apply, please see bottom of page.
Two tickets to A Streetcar Named Desire at Oxford Playhouse
(running 8 - 12th May 2018).
“Every man is a king.” Stanley Kowalski is no exception.
Until one summer, when his sister-in-law Blanche comes to stay. Anxious, seductive and fiercely clever, Blanche is just about keeping it together. But her arrival threatens his entire way of life.
As the temperature soars and passions intensify, a burning desire threatens to tear their world apart.
This bold new revival of Tennessee Williams’ timeless masterpiece is a raging portrayal of what it means to be an outsider, in a society where we’re all desperate to belong.
A copy of newly published book The Luck of Friendship: The Letters Of Tennessee Williams And James Laughlin.
Four decades of correspondence of Tennessee Williams’s and James Laughlin’s unlikely yet enduring literary and personal relationship.
A friendship struck in 1942 would last for forty-one years through critical acclaim and rejection, commercial success and failure, manic highs, bouts of depression, and serious and not-so-serious liaisons. Tennessee Williams’s and James Laughlin’s letters provide a window into the literary history of the mid-twentieth century.
Find out more here.
Terms and Conditions
English Touring Theatre is pleased to offer the opportunity to enter a prize draw for one winner to receive a pair of tickets for English Touring Theatre’s production of A Streetcar Named Desire a copy of the new book on his life The Luck of Friendship: The Letters Of Tennessee Williams And James Laughlin.
1. Participants must be over the age of 18 years and be resident in Great Britain (excluding N.I., Isle of Man and the Channel Islands) at the time of entry. Eligible participants will need access to the internet to enter the draw as all entries must be received through Twitter.
2. The competition opens at 1pm on Tuesday 1 May 2018. The competition will close at 10am on Tuesday 8 May 2018.
3. To enter the competition, eligible participants will need to reply to English Touring Theatre’s tweet with the answer and use #ETTStreetcarCompetition
4. There will be one prize available. The prize will consist of:
One pair of tickets for a performance of A Streetcar Named Desire at Oxford Playhouse
One copy of The Luck of Friendship: The Letters Of Tennessee Williams And James Laughlin.
5. The winner will be selected on Tuesday 8 May 2018.
6. The winner will be chosen by Joe Public Marketing. The result of this decision will be final.
7. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
8. Tickets are available on selected dates only and are subject to availability.
9. The winner will be notified on Twitter. If a winner does not claim their prize by 10am on Tuesday 8 May 2018, that prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.